Rate This Concept Now!
Overview: At the entrance of the landmark city of Mashhad, Iran, this “living architecture” is inspired by the birds inhabiting the city’s Imam Reza shrine, where tourists flock to take in the architecture & avian dwellers. Driving visitors are greeted by a 28 meter high pillar with moving wings powered when incoming vehicles drive over a subtle bump connected to system of cables & gears. Nestled amidst the ancient backdrop, this modern marvel stands out as both a tribute to one of the city’s historic attractions & a symbol of its importance in the world of tomorrow.
Designers: Naser Nasiri & Taher Nasiri
Rate This Concept Now!
Overview: With Apple Watch building its focus on fitness, it’s kinda given that regular fitness gears should adapt to the Smartness revolution. Keeping in pace is the ‘Smart Rope’, which is a LED-embedded jump rope. It syncs with your smartphone, creating an “anywhere, anytime” fitness experience.
- There are 23 high-quality LEDs into a proprietary, patent-pending FPCB (flexible printed circuit board) design.
- These LEDs can display up to four digits with clear visibility even in bright rooms.
- In the future like icons and emojis will also be displayed.
- As you jump, the LEDs display your progress right before your eyes.
- They’ll also illuminate as you power on and off the Smart Rope, and provide information about battery life.
- Aside from all the digital technology involved, the designers have elevated the physical design of the jump rope in a many ways.
- The rope is positioned at a 45-degree angle to the handle to encourage effortless, natural motion.
- Ball bearings are used to ensure fast, smooth revolutions.
- All materials are of premium quality and finish.
- The Smart Gym app works seamlessly with Smart Rope with two-way communication.
- Jumps counted and workout times are broadcast to the app for tracking and monitoring, while BMI data and workout goals entered into the app are broadcast to Smart Rope to craft your custom workout.
- Smart Gym works with multiple Smart Rope devices, although Bluetooth won’t allow simultaneous pairing of multiple devices. This means your family (or your CrossFit team) can use different Smart Rope devices with a single Smartphone.
Designer: Deokhee Jeong – Tanagram Factory